Sunday, April 21, 2013

A Booth & a Dresser


Hey there everyone! It has been too long. Between working full time & the day to day stresses of life, I started neglecting my blog. Shame on me!

Things have been exciting around here recently. Hubby & I became vendors at De'France Antiques and Collectibles in Fort Walton Beach! I have been over the moon. Its so exciting to be able to follow my dreams & passions.
Current Booth
Original Booth
That being said, we've had A LOT of extra DIYing going on to keep up with the demands of the booth. I'm pretty sure our neighbors think we are nuts with all of the loads of furniture coming in & out of the house.

Here is my most recent furniture makeover. This dresser was actually a gift from Micah. I loved the wood tone, & it was in very good shape, but I had to give it a little more oomph!

For this beauty, I took out the drawers & used a white spray primer to coat the body so I wouldn't have to do any sanding. Then, I simply painted 3 coats of flat white latex paint over the whole thing. Once that was dry, I used 100 grit sand paper to lightly distress the edges & raised areas. After wiping it down to remove any dust, I applied two layers of clear furniture wax {buffing in between}. I'm still planning on adding a little extra something to the recessed areas on top two drawers, but its lovely as is.



It now has found its perfect spot in our master. I am itching to get my hands on our other dresser, but its going to have to wait a bit.


So what do y'all think of my newest furniture addition?! 
Also, hubby & I would L-O-V-E it if you would go "like" our new Facebook page for our booth. Its called Southern Vintage, & I promise y'all with love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS