Tuesday, July 10, 2012

After: Our Foyer


Hey y'all! I feel like its been too long since I've posted another installment of the "after" of our little place. I know my parents are dying to see more! So, I thought I'd post a few pictures of our small entryway. It might be tiny, but I think it gives a great 1st impression & also works double duty as a bit of storage. 

There was a very slight alcove right by the stairs, & it was just asking for something to be put there! I was keeping my eye out for something on Craigslist. One night, I came home & there was a solid wood {albeit, slightly dirty} bookcase there! Turns out, Micah scouted it on the side of the road, just like he did with the nightstand for our guest room. Another "dumpster chic" piece. And totally FREE!! After a good cloroxing & wipe down with some Pledge, it was good to go. 




Most of the decor items are things that were previously in my college apartment. The exceptions are the 'Good Friends, Good Times' sign & the decorative plate. Both were wedding gifts & came from a boutique called Half Moon Bay in my hometown. 


This candelabra is super special to me. We used this & other similar candelabras as centerpieces for our wedding reception.



This area also functions as storage for Ella & Zinga's toys {in the cream basket}, our shoes, rain jackets, Micah's very worn Atlanta Braves hat, keys, wallets, my purse {that's from TJ Maxx, if anyone was wondering}, & my 'Indiana Jones satchel' {as Micah calls it} for when we ride his Harley. You can also see a glimpse of our 'Harry Potter door'. Yes, that is right. We actually have a cupboard under our stairs. Although, no, we do not have a wizard nephew that we stash there. 


So there is it! I'm really pleased with the arrangement. The wood finish works great right now, but I'm itching to paint it eventually. We will see how that turns out. What do y'all think?!

3 comments:

  1. LOVE it! (Although I've seen it in person, too) Wish I was there now! Everything looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! It looks so cozy! You are very creative. We love & miss you both! Roni

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys!! That means so much to me! I miss you both.

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS