Sunday, July 15, 2012

Sunday Social: Week 6



I can't believe that I almost forgot to put up this week's Sunday Social post! Shame on me. 

Its been a busy, yet very fun day. We decided to take advantage of today's gorgeous weather & adventured out on Micah's Harley. We ended up in Pensacola which is a little over an hour from us. The adventure really kicked in when we realized that we both were sunburnt (I can't believe we didn't think about sunscreen!!!!), then we got caught in an afternoon storm while trying to get home. Did you know that riding through rain on a motorcycle is actually very painful?! The adventure culminated with our 2 mile exploration of a small park/wildlife refuge here in Niceville & lots of blisters for me. Busy day, huh? But it was beautiful. 

Now onto the linkup!!


1. What is the best trip you've ever been on?
I'd have to say that it was our honeymoon to Charleston, SC. We stayed in a historic Bed & Breakfast right in the middle of the historic downtown district. It was AMAZING. I'm a huge history buff, plus the architecture it gorgeous as well. It was very romantic & relaxing. 











2. What is your best idea for a girls weekend trip?
Maybe a weekend at the beach? That's definitely how I would've previously answered, but now that I live 15 minutes from the beach its changed that a smidge! 

3. What is your best idea for a couples trip?
Somewhere secluded. Micah loves the mountains, so I think a cabin in the mountains in the Fall would be pretty ideal for us. {Especially since we are living so close to the beach right now.} Plus, the first trip we ever took together was to a cabin in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Georgia with some friends. 






4. What is the best vacation on the cheap?
I think that really depends on where you live… For us, the cheapest is driving 20 minutes to Fort Walton Beach to stay at Micah's family's condo when its not rented out!

5. What is the place you most want to visit?
ITALY. Specifically, Florence. The Renaissance is my favorite era for art history, & I'd love to visit there.






 Also, pretty much all of Europe. Other than Italy, Ireland & Scotland at the others at the top of my list. Both Micah & myself have Irish/Scottish heritage {my maiden name is Ferguson}, so we'd love to see where our families came from. 






6. What are your vacation necessities?
Regardless of where I'm going, a book or my Kindle is on the list. The others need to be broken down by type of vacation. 
Beach: a big floppy hat, SPF 50 {that's where that Scottish heritage bites me in the behind},  a comfy beach chair, & lots of floaty dresses
Cabin: anything & everything flannel, leggings, & boots

As always, I look forward to next week's linkup!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS